Did you know?
20 Interesting facts about dogs.
1. Dogs have a sense of time.
They have been shown to know the difference between an hour and five minutes. If they are conditioned by this, they can predict future events, such as the regular walking time.
2. Your dog is as smart as a two-year-old!
Ever wonder why children this age seem to have a special relationship with the family dog?
It is possible because they speak the same language, in fact approximately 250 words and gestures.
3. Research claims that your dog may be genuinely jealous when he sees that you love another creature.
4. The United States has the highest pet population in the world. Approximately 75.8 million.
5. Man's best friend! Raising a dog and looking into their eyes releases oxytocin (ie the "love hormone") not only for you, but for them as well.
6. Saluki (Saluki) is the oldest dog breed in the world. They appear in ancient Egyptian tombs dating back to 2100 BC.
7. Dachshunds were originally bred to fight badgers.
8. Dogs that are neutered live longer than dogs that are not.
9. More than half of all US presidents own dogs.
10. Stray dogs in Russia have learned how to ride the subway and get off at specific stops in search of food
11. Your dog can smell your feelings. In fact, your dog's sense of smell is approximately 100,000 times better than yours. So it shouldn't be shocking that they can actually smell things like fear. When a person is scared, he sweats and the dog can easily understand it.
12. Dogs have wet noses because it helps absorb fragrant chemicals.
13. Dogs can be trained to detect cancer and other diseases in humans. Cancer cells secrete various metabolic waste products from healthy cells in the human body. Dogs may even be able to sniff out cancer cells simply by smelling someone's breath.
14. Do you have a dog that is anxious about separation? Try to leave some clothes with it that you wore. It has been proven that the scent you leave on your clothes can help relieve the anxiety of your dog's separation.
15. Your dog carefully chooses the ideal place for a toilet because he prefers to walk in accordance with the Earth's magnetic field.
16. Have you ever wondered why your dog writhes on a ball when he sleeps? In fact, it is the age-old instinct to keep warm and protect vital organs while they sleep.
17. Labradors are the most popular breed in the United States for the past 26 years.
18. There are approximately 600 million dogs in the world. Nearly 400 million of these dogs are estimated to be homeless.
19. Scientists believe that the first known dog in the world lived 31,700 years ago. This prehistoric dog resembled a great Siberian Husky.
20. Thorn collars were originally made in ancient Greece to protect the throats of dogs from wolf attacks.